This is an external sales position. Primary role is to develop customer relationships within assigned geographic territory and/or accounts leading to new business development and expanding revenues for primarily New Equipment but also service, aftermarket parts, rentals, etc. Researches all necessary information provided by customer to ensure appropriate solutions are offered. Monitors order status to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintains files and records pertinent to customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for promoting and selling McKenna Boiler Equipment and Retrofit Packages.
- Responsible for promoting and selling McKenna Boiler Services and Service Contracts.
- Responsible for promoting and selling McKenna Boiler aftermarket Parts and Rentals.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with customers. (end-users, engineers, contractors)
- Work with Management to develop local strategy.
- Responsible for pricing and bidding projects.
- Responsible for fielding technical calls with customers.
- Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company is required. Work directly with representatives and staff to resolve internal and external problems quickly.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Responsible for active participation and relationships with technical organizations and industry associations.
- Responsible for attaining the budgeted sales numbers.
- Responsible for growing McKenna Boiler's business by conducting new sales calls, new business development and prospecting.
Qualifications and Skills
Professional Experience; 3-5 years of applicable work or sales experience.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Valid driver's license required, must be insurable with no major infractions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet usage
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently handling multiple tasks under deadline while demonstrating initiative and sound judgment
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations along with the ability to write reports, technical proposals and procedure manuals
- Possess skills to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers
- Possess mathematical skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume by applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build rapport and develop long term business relationships.
McKenna Boiler Works, Inc. is a 100 year old rapidly growing forward thinking turnkey solution provider for customers with steam or hot water needs. We have a great team of individuals that bring a variety of backgrounds to our manufacturing, service, mechanical and rental businesses. We are looking for top tier talent to help lead this company in achieving it's goals.