McKenna Boiler Works has an immediate opening for a Service Manager in Oceanside California. As a Service Manager you will lead a team of Service Coordinators, Service Technicians. The qualified candidate must have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment and must be able to work effectively with multiple parties simultaneously.
- Lead a team of Service Coordinators / Dispatchers in the performance of their duties, including but not limited to technician labor scheduling, customer coordination, quoted service work order booking and materials ordering, and weekly payroll submission
- Monitor Service Dispatch to ensure all internal and external requests are responded to in a timely manner; Coordinate and/or provide back-up support as required during high call volume periods
- Manage the Preventive and Full Coverage Maintenance Contracts booking and renewal process, including coordination with the Sales Team, review of contracts, verification of costs with the applicable departments
- Monitor existing McKenna processes to ensure team compliance, and develop, review with staff, and implement new processes and procedures to ensure efficient team operation
- Provide oversight and follow up action for weekly timesheet approval, productive/non-productive hours review, open work orders, invoice dispute and resolution, material and labor transfers, preliminary notices, and purchase card program management
- Provide training, counseling, and professional development to assigned direct reports, including performance reviews, individual employee and team meetings, and the hiring of new employees as needed
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with direct reports / employees under supervision
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership, management, and customer service
- Extensive leadership, management, and customer service knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills with specific experience
- Effective listening, coaching, and mentoring skills with specific experience
- Strong familiarity with and use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- COMPANY requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. COMPANY is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of building mechanical equipment including boilers, burners, controls, air handlers, chilled and hot water loops, motors, pumps, and variable speed drives
- Knowledge of lighting systems and building automation controls
Pay: $70,000 - $130,000 a year, Relocation package available.
McKenna Boiler Works, Inc. is a 100 year old rapidly growing forward thinking turnkey solution provider for customers with steam or hot water needs. We have a great team of individuals that bring a variety of backgrounds to our manufacturing, service, mechanical and rental businesses. We are looking for top tier talent to help lead this company in achieving it's goals.