Our company is seeking a full-time, highly motivated Project Engineer/ Estimator, or similar, who desires to make a difference and have the opportunity to grow our company for success! The candidate must be goal oriented, highly organized, efficient, and energetic. Strong communication skills and an overall positive attitude is required for the team's success.
The Project Engineer/ Estimator will gather, evaluate, and then prepare detailed total cost information for cost-effectiveness before and during the construction bid process. They may visit construction sites to gather information and analyze proposals, specifications, blueprints, and construction documents in order to understand the project. Project Engineers/ Estimators will work directly with our senior staff in coordinating all aspects of project management including estimating, material procurement, engineering and permitting, and oversee the vendors and/or subcontractors in the bid process. They determine the time, labor, materials, and product costs for the project and communicate the requirements to the client. This position functions mainly in an office environment but the individual may visit project sites occasionally as needed to obtain necessary information.
- Performs tracking functions to account for permitting status at the city/municipality, or state level; May assist in researching new policies, procedures, etc. to ensure SOPs are current, and we provide value to our clientele by being expeditious in our processes
- Interfaces with clients, architects, general contractors, and city/state personnel to coordinate permitting submittal, tracking, and permit issuance process
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Ensuring the project's compliance with the applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored
- Analyzing requirement documents, blueprints and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the project
- Determining what factors of production will influence the cost of a service or product
- Preparing material estimates and cost estimates for the product or service
- Creating labor estimates for any project
- Developing specifications for the project's needed equipment
- Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of assigned engineering projects.
- Participate in project design meeting and propose improvements If necessary
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Motivated and self-directed mindset with the ability to anticipate needs, proactively find solutions, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and exercise independent judgment related to daily administration of projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Team-management and leadership skills
- Documentation management and ability to use project management tools
- Attention to details even under pressure
- Time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Project Management/Coordination in commercial construction (2 years)
- Customer Service/Relations (3 years)
- Understanding of general contracting and the life cycle of a project
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications.
- Knowledge in civil, mechanical or electrical construction practices.
- Strong knowledge in engineering principles.
- Background in Supply Chain Management
- Industry specific experience (industrial and commercial boilers)
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in AutoCad or similar CAD/CAM
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Job Type: Full Time (7am-3:30pm M-F)
This role is subject to a 90 day probationary period.
Pay: $50,000-$120,000 a year
- Competitive Salary
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401k Plan
McKenna Boiler Works, Inc. is a 100 year old rapidly growing forward thinking turnkey solution provider for customers with steam or hot water needs. We have a great team of individuals that bring a variety of backgrounds to our manufacturing, service, mechanical and rental businesses. We are looking for top tier talent to help lead this company in achieving it's goals.