Set up welding machines based on the job at hand or using a Welding Procedure Specification.
Read and interpret blueprints and/or drawings to determine the specific welding requirements.
Flux Core, Stick and MIG weld steel and stainless steel components based on the specifications of the blueprints and/or drawings.
Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
Follow, create and help maintain Welding Procedure Specifications.
Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- Assemble items as instructed by floor supervisor.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Prepare product for shipment.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually (up to 60 pounds), or using a hoist.
- Uphold all OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience With Steel, And/or Stainless Steel Required
- Experience with Flux Core, MIG and Stick welding highly preferred.
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 60 pounds consistently required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to identify and measure material.
- Ability to produce quality products consistently.
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form.
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities as well as dependable work ethic.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs and uses.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, calipers, tape measures and angle gauges.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals.
- Familiarity with the metric system.
- Ability to perform simple shop math, convert decimals to factional equivalents and fractions to decimal equivalents.
- Must be reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time.
- Willing to work 40+ hours a week and weekend work from time to time.
- Ability to travel to field jobs as well as overnight travel with team may be required.
McKenna Boiler Works, Inc. is a 100 year old rapidly growing forward thinking turnkey solution provider for customers with steam or hot water needs. We have a great team of individuals that bring a variety of backgrounds to our manufacturing, service, mechanical and rental businesses. We are looking for top tier talent to help lead this company in achieving it's goals.