Our company is seeking a full-time, highly motivated AR/Collections Specialist, or similar, who desires to make a difference and have the opportunity to grow our company for success! The candidate must be goal oriented, highly organized, efficient, and energetic. Strong communication skills and an overall positive attitude is required for the team's success.
The candidate will assist our Staff Accountant and CFO in various accounting-related activities as expressed in the responsibilities below. This position will be an in-office position at our Oceanside office.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensuring bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Processing due invoices for payments
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
- Monitor accounts receivable and identify overdue accounts
- Contact customers with overdue accounts and attempt to either collect the overdue amount or negotiate a payment plan to collect it in installments.
- Update client accounts based on payment or contact information
- Maintain records of contacts and attempted contacts with delinquent account customers as well as records of any payments collected from the customer.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints concerning billing.
- Submit regular reports on the status of unpaid accounts and any repayment progress.
- Perform administrative office tasks as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- QuickBooks (3 years’ experience/ 5+ preferred)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 – Business Central (Highly Preferred)
- Accounts Receivable (3 years’ experience/ 5+ preferred)
- Accounts Payable Experience (Preferred)
- Collections (3 years’ experience/ 5+ preferred)
- Customer Service (3 years’ experience/ 5+ preferred)
- Small Claims (3 years’ experience/ 5+ preferred)
- Lien Filing (3 years’ experience/ 5+ preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bilingual-Spanish (Highly Preferred)
Job Type: Full Time (7am-3:30pm M-F)
This role is subject to a 90 day probationary period.
Pay: Compensation will reflect qualifications.
- Competitive Salary
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay (3 days)
- Holiday Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- 401k Plan
McKenna Boiler Works, Inc. is a 100 year old rapidly growing forward thinking turnkey solution provider for customers with steam or hot water needs. We have a great team of individuals that bring a variety of backgrounds to our manufacturing, service, mechanical and rental businesses. We are looking for top tier talent to help lead this company in achieving it's goals.